The first association meet hosted by USATF-NE at The TRACK at New Balance
USATF New England Indoor Season Opener
The TRACK at New Balance, Boston MA
Saturday, December 17, 2022
2:00 p.m. Doors Open
USATF-NE welcomes athletes to the first meet hosted by the association at The TRACK at New Balance. Focus will be on field and speed/shorter distances in this meet. Open and Masters.
--> Minimum age for participation is 15 years old.
Events Information/Schedule (as of November 30)
* Age divisions or men/women may be combined if entries are low
* Thowers must supply their own approved indoor thowing implements
2:45 Shot Put - Men followed by women followed by all masters/scholastics
2:45 Long Jump - Open Men followed by Open Women followed by all Masters
Board at 3 meters; tape will be put down at 1 meter
4:30 High Jump - All Women and Masters Men
5:00 Weight Throw - All Men followed by all Women
5:00 Triple Jump - Men followed by Women followed by all Masters
Boards at 42' and 36'. Painted takeoff at 32' and 24'
No additonal take-off lines will be put down
6:00 High Jump - Open Men - Opening height to be announced
- There is no pole vault in this meet.
- The vault will be contested at the December 30 meet
- The TRACK only allows 1/4" pyramid spikes. Spikes will be checked on arrival
- Only approved tape or markings may be used as checkmarks in jumping events. Proper tape will be available. NO Athletic Tape - use of such subjects participants to disqualification
- The warmup track will not be utilized at this meet.
Online entry only. NO DAY OF EVENT ENTRY FOR INDIVIDUAL EVENTS
Entry deadline Wednesday, December 14, 11:59 p.m.
Indivduals - entry fee is $25/event.
Relays - entry fee is $25 per relay. Entry is on-site only between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Online Entry Options
- SimplyRegister.net - preferred for USATF members
Spectator Tickets - age 15/up - $10
Transportation and Parking
The TRACK at New Balance is located adjacent to the Boston Landing MBTA Commuter Rail Stop. MBTA Worcester Line Schedule
MBTA Bus: Route 64 stops at The TRACK. Routes 57 and 66 stop within 1000m of The TRACK
Parking Details: https://thetrackatnewbalance.com/plan-your-visit/parking/
There is a fee to park in New Balance garages.
Do not park in the Stop & Shop supermarket lot