USATF New England Indoor Season Opener
The TRACK at New Balance, Boston MA
Saturday, December 16, 2023
2:00 p.m. Doors Open
3:00 p.m. Competition begins
Facility Diagram (Click)
USATF-NE welcomes athletes to the first 2023-24 meet hosted by the association at The TRACK at New Balance. Focus will be on field and speed/shorter distances in this meet. Open and Masters.
--> Minimum age for participation is 15 years old.
* Age divisions or men/women may be combined if entries warrant
* Thowers must supply their own approved indoor thowing implements
3:00 Shot Put - Men followed by women
3:00 Long Jump - Men followed by Women
Board at 3 meters; tape board at 1 meter
3 Jumps / 6 Jumpers to Finals with add'l jumps
All Masters AGE 40+ Jumpers get 6 jumps
Men will jump in 2 flights with Masters Men in First Flight
All women jump together
4:30 High Jump - All Women and Masters Men Age 40+
5:00 Weight Throw - All Men followed by all Women
5:00 Triple Jump - Men followed by Women
Boards at 42' and 36'. Painted takeoff at 32' and 24'
No additonal take-off lines will be put down
6:00 High Jump - Open Men followed by Open Women.
Opening heights to be announced
- There is no pole vault in this meet.
- The vault will be contested at the December 30 meet and will have entry standards
Facility information and procedures
- The TRACK only allows 1/4" pyramid spikes. Spikes will be checked on arrival
- Only approved tape may be used as checkmarks in jumping events. Proper tape will be available. NO Athletic Tape - use of such subjects participants to disqualification
- Clerking for 60m, 60mH will be done in SE corner of the facility near the big glass window
- Clerking for oval races will be done in NW corner of facility under the press boxes
- Spikes - 1/4 inch pyramid only - athletes will have spikes checked on arrival (information)
- The warmup track will not be utilized at this meet.
Online entry only. NO DAY OF EVENT ENTRY
Entry deadline Wednesday, December 13, 11:59 p.m.
Indivduals - entry fee is $25/event.
Relays - entry fee is $25 per relay.
Relay Entry is on-site only between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Online Entry Options
ENTRY WILL BEGIN NOVEMBER 27
- SimplyRegister.net - preferred for USATF members
Spectator Tickets - age 15/up - $10
Transportation and Parking
The TRACK at New Balance is located adjacent to the Boston Landing MBTA Commuter Rail Stop. MBTA Worcester Line Schedule
MBTA Bus: Route 64 stops at The TRACK. Routes 57 and 66 stop within 1000m of The TRACK
Parking Information: thetrackatnewbalance.com/plan-your-visit/parking/
There is a fee to park in New Balance garages.
Do not park in the Stop & Shop supermarket lot. Vehicles will be towed.